Friday, October 15, 2010

what to do....

so update on my life... i have recently rediscovered a song that i have missed terribly but didn't realize it until i discovered it. ill have to tell you the story. i was amid the struggles of studying and wanted to get a break. so i went to the CAC to play on the practice pianos there cause i have recently rediscovered how much i love playing the piano. it really really calms my soul. so back to the story. i went over to play and after going through the two songs that i have to play i was still not feeling the calming that i needed. i decided to try and remember the feather song from forrest gump and maybe i would feel that calming feeling and i could get back to work. so as i start to try and play from memory i am having the hardest time being able to remember the sections of the song and for some reason its not sounding like the song that i was thinking. and yet my fingers are playing something that they know and all the while i am starting to try and figure out what it is that my fingers remember but my brain cannot seems to be able to put a name to this song. as i continue to piece together this mystery song, BANG it hits me. ITS CRISOFORI'S DREAM! one of the greatest songs that my brother had me get when i was still in high school. i remember when i learned it and how fun it was and how much i loved it and how much it gives me the greatest feeling of peace in my heart. so because i hadn't played it in forever i couldn't remember all the sections so immediately after playing it and feeling pretty good peace, decided that i needed to find the sheet music so i googled it, found it, and have played it almost everyday since and my heart feels so much better and i love it. so my rediscovery have been one of the greatest blessing in my life and has become one of my greatest passions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wxrB41PMhw... there you go, in case you haven't found it yet :)

6 comments:

  1. What... you're not even going to link the song? You're going to make me go find it by myself!

    Have you ever heard Yiruma's 'River Flows In You'?

    http://www.google.com/search?q=yiruma+river+flows+in+you&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

    It's incredible, one of my absolute favorites, I never can get enough of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy that you would post that... its one of the songs that one of my friends plays whenever we get together and play the piano, it also melts my heart. i think it will be my next song to learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really nice song. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! why are you not on my facebook friends list anymore?

    Did you know Sis. Shields is getting married? I also just found out that I went to high school with her cousin. Ha!

    You should try calling me again.... I'm always around. Okay, I'm usually around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i deactivated my facebook... i didn't want to spend my time on it anymore. yeah she told me and no that is so cool that you did... its a small world :) i will try to call when its daytime for you and not the crack of dawn for me :)

    ReplyDelete