Sunday, September 19, 2010

My team?

so today my soccer team played their first conference game, the first one where i was present but not on the team. i really didn't know how hard it was going to be. i thought that i was going to be ok. i mean, im the one that decided to not play right? i should be fine. well i wasn't fine. i started crying about 2 minutes into their warm up. all the memories of being a soccer player came rushing back into my memeory and as i was wollowing in my own self pity trying to remember why it was that i decided to not do one of the most important things to me i hear one of my now former teammates yell " cami, come here!" so i look over and she tells me to come over and asks me to lead the E Ku Mau Mau chant we do at the beginning of each game. i literally jumped up and ran into the circle. chanting with "my team" healed my heart! it made me feel a part of something. it made me realize that eventhough im not "on" the team that doesn't mean that i don't have them. when your on a team you build a foundation. this foundation doesn't go away just because circumstances change. they are a part of your life forever and i think thats what i need to be learning now. because times change and people change but that doesn't mean that what you shared together ever changes. so in memory of my former life as a BYUH Soccer player i have attached this video. it will forever be a part of my heart


4 comments:

  1. as reference i wrote this post about 2 weeks ago but couldn't get the video to work until now... so its late on the posting but better late than never :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! Why did I have to discover your blog all by myself!! Isn't that something you should like, tell your mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was actually trying to remember to tell you about it! i think we are on the same page too often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camel! I loved this post. All I have to say is DIDO. Been there, felt that. It hurts but feels good all at the same time.
    Last night I had a dream about soccer. I woke up smiling but wanting to cry.

    ReplyDelete