Friday, May 11, 2012

My dream!

This is ME!!! all excited to begin the new adventure!!!!
I tried to write a blog about the fact that i was going to uganda but i kept starting it and not being able to get longer than a sentence. I now understand why i couldn't talk about it. Because this beautiful incredible Africa has only been a dream to me for as long as i can remember. How do you talk about something that you feel is only a part of your dreams. Well, my dream has come true! I now live for the next 4 months in the most tropical, beautiful, simple, place on earth. And it is even better than any dream i could have possibly imagined!!!!! there are smells that i have never smelt before, there are precautions i would have never thought to take before and I am LOVING every minute of it. I have only met a few of the locals and they have been great! We have a night guard named David that lives in our compound, (ha i still live at the compound!) And he guards our house at night while we are sleeping, and guess what he guards our house with? a Bow and Arrow! He is really proud of his skills and has been working with Help for 5 years and a good source tells me i could trust him with my life! which i guess i technically do every night!  Im am SO excited for the next 4 months! stay tuned for the greatest adventures that i will hopefully help you to get a grasp of!!!!

This is the view from my back porch! i think the little house is where David sleeps

 Another view from the back porch which i sat on and read my scriptures and took in the best view!!!
 This is the toilet..... im so glad its a flushable toilet!




 Our beds with their mosquito nets on them, i sleep on the left bunk!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Cams. U are one lucky lady. thanks for the update. keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete